Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Overnight...

It's almost 5am now and I just woke up from my half-conscious sleep state. The nurse has been working with Katie all night, rotating her periodically as she pushes. Apparently she's +1 now, not sure what that means (she was 10 cm dialated a few hours ago), but I guess the scale now goes to +3 or so when the baby arrives. The nurse is giving her a break from pushing and letting the contractions do their thing while the drugs wear off a bit (I guess it's hard to push when you can't feel anything). When the doctor was here last he said the baby was a bit sideways, and if she stayed that way, it is much more likely that they would have to do a c-section. The nurse thinks now that the baby has rotated a bit which is a very good thing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If you end up having a c-section, try to get a picture of the 3 of you after the baby comes by Katie's head! We forgot to do this with Mason and I regret it. But, I hope she comes the other way and everything goes well. I'm on pins and needles!!!

Love,
Kori