Thursday, June 5, 2008
9 days old
This has been another busy week of doctors appointments and lab draws.
We saw the doctor on Monday and Mya did not gain any weight from Saturday so I am supplementing with formula again. She said that Mya's Right clavicle may have been fractured during the delivery, but it does not seem to be bothering her right now. Her billirubin score for that day was 17.5 which is still high. The doctor sent us a new Billy Blanket machine.
On Tuesday Chad went back to work. My first day alone with Mya. All went well. My friend Pam came over with her 10 week old Bradan to visit and I received Graters ice cream in the mail from my parents! Chad had his final green card appointment on Tuesday as well. They have now removed all conditions off his "temporary" green card (we had to remain married for 2 years and prove that we were were still tied together financially). So now he can officially stay in the country.
On Wednesday I took Mya back to the doctor. She gained 3 ounces since Monday and the doctor said she was looking less Jaundice. She said to use the Billy Blanket until Thursday morning and I requested another billirubin test for Thursday so we would have a number to compare to. Wednesday was also Chads birthday! It was anti-climatic for him. Mya gave him a card with all the good news from the doctors appointment. He got a tripod for his camera and we got take-out from our favorite Italian restaurant. He watched the Stanley Cup and Mya while I took a nap.
Today we took Mya back to the lab for the billirubin test. We received good news she was 10.5 and we can stop the use of the blanket :) Mya now can start wearing her clothes! It is sad when I would get excited to go to the doctor or lab so I could dress her.
Attached to the new Billy Blanket machine
Relaxing in her birthday dress after the Stanley Cup final
All dressed up for the doctor
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Yay Mya - you are looking less yellow, I can tell. I love all of your dresses and you look good in pink. My mommy says that you are a trooper (and so are your mommy and daddy). My daddy's birthday wasn't very crazy either since I had arrived - he got to sit in a hospital room. But, I bet that was the best hockey game your daddy watched (one the Wings won and two - he was with his favorite hockey girl). Can't wait to see you.
Love,
Mason
Post a Comment