Sunday, August 22, 2010

July 13 2010, I Am Officially A Big Sister!

July was the month I was to finally meet the baby Mommy and Papa kept talking about. The C-section date was scheduled for July 14th but on the 12th the doctor called and it was changed to the 13th. It was not a problem since Grandma and Grandpa Button and Aunt Tamara came in to help take care of me on the 12th. I guess Mommy and Papa had to be at the hospital at 5 am on the 13th. My baby brother Liam Richard Button was born at 8:37 am weighing 8lbs 6 ounces and was 20 inches long. I finally did not have to keep the secret of his name anymore (I did let it slip to a couple of people shhh). Mommy and Papa said when he was born he cried a lot and very loud. They also said he had what the nurse called an “Austin Powers” type urination which made the nurses take cover. I was able to go to the hospital that day to meet him. He was really small and did not do much. I did get my own baby doll to take care of. I went to the hospital every day to see Mommy and baby Liam. I really liked walking the halls of the hospital. _MG_8045 Mommy and baby Liam finally came home on Saturday. The doctor kept them longer because Liam had lost too much weight but did get back up to 7 lbs 10 ounces so they let him come home. The Button's left on that Monday. I had a really fun time playing in the playroom with them and playing with all the new toys and books they gave me. On Tuesday Grandma and Grandpa Radcliffe came to help Mommy for a week. I had a fun time cooking with Grandma making my pink pancakes and peach gooey. Brianna and her new sister Chiara came over with their Grandma for dinner too. It was fun to play with her and meet her little sister. _MG_8107 I really like being a big sister. I feed my dolls with a boppy pillow just like Mommy when she feeds Liam. I also like to let Mommy and Papa know when Liam is crying by saying “baby crying”. I don't know if they can not hear him or what, but I tell them every time even if I am suppose to be in bed sleeping. I like it when his eyes are open and will give him toys to play with. He does not do much except sleep, eat, and cry. I will let Mommy and Papa know when Liam is happy too by saying “baby happy”. When I get home from Miss Terrie's the first thing I do is look for Liam. Liam came to to my tumble class with me last week and it was fun to show him all my tricks and let all my friends meet Liam. _MG_8395

No comments: